Saturday 24 July 2010

A few words from Sonny

As I embark upon this adventure I would like to take a few moments (not minutes... time is money) to thank all those that need to be thanked..... THANK YOU ;-)

As many of you know, I was due to do a Ride from Rugby to Paris last year, in aid of McMillan Nurses, but unfortunately my Mum lost her fight with cancer a few days before. Andy, Simon and Craig went on to complete the ride. Mr Walker (and indeed Gems) drove back from Paris the day they finished to come to Mums funeral, LEGENDS. We all agreed to do something together this year, and this morning Team Speed (Craig, Simon, Keith) and Team Peak (Andy and I) head off to the darkest depths of Cornwall to start our adventure. All to raise money for Cancer Research, if it was not for these guys Mum would never have been able to fight the good fight as long as she did, and given time I am sure more people will go on to survive what is an all to common disease.

I have some more plans for next year, but lets wait to see if I survive this trip first!

Thanks goes out to all my friends that have donated, the local Rugby schools who have manned up, and given us LOADS OF MONEY, and all my work colleagues who have also helped me out, and turned the bind eye when I may have spent a bit of extra time on the internet at lunch time planning... and/or printing up some maps ;-)

A super massive thanks goes out to my understanding Misses, the lovely Miss Anna Domblat, she has had to put up with me talking about bikes, running, carbon fiber, carbs, pasta, and god knows what else for the last few months.... Thanks Babe :-*

So I am now going to have a cup of tea, have a shower (to much detail I know....) put my bags in the car, and get on with the trip.

This is for you Mum :-*

No comments:

Post a Comment